Yves Rutschle's HomePage
- Using mainly Jekyll to produce Bootstrap code, here's my first modern-looking, responsive Web site for the Orion Octuor (General design, text, logo and whatnot are by someone else, I only do HTML).
- Published a first release of ics_tools, which I have been using for a while while remaining reasonably sane.
- A lot is changing... In front of the drop in price of hosted servers and the rise in price of electricty, I moved all my services to a server on Scaleway, Illiad's new server offering. I switched off my PC for the fisrt time in... 10 years. Next step is to close my Internet access and see if I can survive with just a mobile phone. This should save me a few bucks, protect the services against physical risks (fire, flood, theft), and give a generally much faster access. On the other hand, I'll need to re-think my digital life, as I realised last night as I tried to watch a movie on my TV that usually connects to the PC... which was switched off.
- Upgraded to Jessie. It went smooth. Too smooth. Courrier-IMAP broke for an undetermined reason, Apache reorganisation went fine, Exim didn't bat an eye. NVIDIA's X11 driver broke.
- Upgraded to
Wheezy, which took quite a bit of time.
This time the surprise was jabberd14
disappearing from the distribution. I
migrated to Prosody,
which was quite straightforward to set
up, and wrote a script to
convert jabberd14 roster files to
Prosody files. Using it for large
amounts of users is left as an exercise
for the reader.
Also, the old syslogd disappeared (in all fairness it was deprecated in the last release) and needs to be explicitely replaced with e.g. rsyslog.
- Ctools-studio, Marc's company, just got their first game out: KungFu Rabbit, a cute rabbit-based platform game. Unfortunately only for iPhone and iPad at the moment, it's available from iTunes.
- sslh 1.10 released.
- sslh 1.9 released.
- Upgraded to Squeeze, Debian 6.0. Among the (couple of) things that broke was Phpmp, apparently because deprecated PHP4 stuff was finally removed. Here's a small patch to fix it.